3843545 BRACKET Caterpillar parts
Add in request price Go to cart
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 0.77 pounds 0 kg.
Illustration 1 g03812153
Schematic for passive engine temperature sensors on the P2 connector
Illustration 2 g03146858
P2 pin locations for the temperature sensors
(11) Sensor ground
(50) Coolant temperature sensor signal
(52) NRS temperature sensor signal
(61) Fuel temperature sensor signal
(62) Intake manifold air temperature sensor signal
Illustration 3 g01170313
Typical view of an engine temperature sensor
(2) Ground For sensors that are connected to the P1/J1 connector, refer to the electrical schematic for the application.For sensors that are connected to the P2/J2 connector, refer to Illustration 1.Complete the procedure in the order in which the steps are listed.
Troubleshooting Test Steps Values Results
1. Inspect Electrical Connectors and Wiring
A. Thoroughly inspect the terminal connections on the ECM connectors and the engine temperature sensors. Refer to Troubleshooting, "Electrical Connectors - Inspect".
B. Perform a 45 N (10 lb) pull test on each of the wires in the ECM connector and the sensor connectors that are associated with the active diagnostic code.
C. Check the screw for the ECM connector for the correct torque of 6 N m (53 lb in).
D. Check the harness for corrosion, abrasion, and pinch points from the engine temperature sensors to the ECM.
Loose connection or damaged wire
Result: There is a fault in a connector or the wiring.
Repair: Repair any faulty connectors or replace the wiring harness. Ensure that all of the seals are properly in place and ensure that the connectors are correctly coupled.
Use the electronic service tool to clear all logged diagnostic codes and verify that the repair eliminates the fault.
Result: All connectors, pins, and sockets are correctly coupled and/or inserted. The harness is free of corrosion, abrasion, and pinch points.
Proceed to Test Step 2.
2. Check the Type of Diagnostic Code that is Active
A. Turn the keyswitch to the ON position. Wait at least 10 seconds for activation of the diagnostic codes.
B. Use the electronic service tool to check for active diagnostic codes. Record all active diagnostic codes.
Caterpillar parts catalog:
Caterpillar parts catalog
- 367-5300: RADIATOR & HYD OIL COOLER GP » SEBP49500154
- 367-5300: RADIATOR & HYD OIL COOLER GP » SEBP54600120
- 367-5300: RADIATOR & HYD OIL COOLER GP » SEBP54610109