3598940 CONNECTOR AS Caterpillar parts CONNECTOR
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 0.24 pounds 0 kg.
Replace the 288-6119 DC Interconnecting Lead with a new part of the same part number.
Replace the existing capacitor mounting adaptor.
Stop the genset from the MCS control module and take it out of "Auto" mode if a remote panel is connected. Switch battery disconnect key switch on the breaker/relay box to the DISCONNECT position. Turn OFF the DC electrics by using the 8H-5306 Key supplied with the genset.
Replacement of 288-6119 DC Interconnecting Lead:
1. Disconnect the 288-6119 DC Interconnecting lead from the engine.
2. Disconnect the 288-6119 DC Interconnecting lead from the underside of the MCS control box. Do not reuse.
3. Connect the replacement 288-6119 DC Interconnecting Lead to the connector on the underside of the MCS control box, then to the engine connector.
Replacement of the 307-3489 Capacitor Mounting Adaptor:
1. Use the 290-5533 Key supplied with the genset to open the control box door and gain access to the capacitor. The capacitor is mounted in the top right hand corner of the MCS control as circled in Image1.
2. Remove the screws securing the black and red cable terminals to the capacitor and unscrew the capacitor by turning it counter-clockwise by hand.
3. Remove the capacitor from the control box and unscrew the steel adaptor from the mounting stud.
4. Screw the white plastic mounting adaptor to the capacitor as shown in Image2.
5. Refit the adaptor and capacitor to the mounting stud in the control box by hand until tight.
6. Re-secure the cable terminals to the capacitor, ensuring that the red cable is on the capacitor terminal marked "+" and the black cable is on the terminal with no markings, as shown in Image3.
7. Ensure that all tools are removed from the control box, close and lock the door.
8. Return the genset to service: Turn ON the DC electrics using the 8H-5306 Key. Switch the battery disconnect key switch on the breaker/relay box to the CONNECT position. Return the MCS control module to "Auto" mode if a remote panel is connected.
U.S. and Canadian owners will receive the attached Owner Notification.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
100% 100% 0% 0% 0% 0%
This is a 0.5-hour job
Reasonable travel and mileage will be allowed. If there are multiple gensets in a boat, please note all serial numbers installed in the boat in the claim story, only one trip will be allowed per boat to rework all units.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
COPY OF OWNER NOTIFICATION FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN OWNERS
3240 Arrow Drive
Anywhere, YZ 99999
PRIORITY - PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE DC INTERCONNECTING LEAD AND THE MCS CONTROL PANEL CAPACITOR MOUNTING ADAPTOR ON CERTAIN C4.4 MARINE GENSETS
MODELS INVOLVED - C4.4 Marine Genset
Dear Caterpillar Product Owner:
The DC interconnecting lead and the control module capacitor mounting adaptor need to be replaced on the products listed below. You will not be charged for the service performed.
Contact your local Caterpillar dealer immediately to schedule this service. The dealer will advise you