3599002 CONTROLLER AS Caterpillar parts CONTROLLER
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 6 pounds 2 kg.
Parts stock action only
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR INSPECTING AND POSSIBLY REWORKING CERTAIN 3044, 3046, 3064, AND 3066 REMAN CYLINDER PACKS IN DEALER PARTS STOCK
When submitting claim for Parts Stock Action, Use the appropriate 99Z as the s/n, the appropriate Service Letter Program Number as the Part number in the Part Causing Failure field, "7751" as the Group Number, "56" as the Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program.Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your Caterpillar product analyst.
Certain Reman cylinder packs were built incorrectly, which resulted in the incorrect orientation of the rod and piston skirt. This condition is not detrimental to the operation of the engine, but it could cause engine vibration.
Inspect the following cylinder pack part numbers to insure that the orientation of the connecting rod and piston is correct:
10R7708, 10R7709, 10R7710, 10R7712
10R7713, 10R7717, 10R7719, 10R7720
10R7721, 10R7722, 10R7723, 10R7724
10R7725, 10R7726, 10R7727, 10R7728
The inspection procedures consist of the following:
1. Remove cylinder pack from the box.
2. Locate marking on the connecting rod. (Image 1)
3. Locate marking on the piston. (Image 2)
4. Verify the markings on the connecting rod and piston are aligned with each other for the correct assembly orientation. (Image 3)
- If the orientation is correct, replace the parts in the original packaging, mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to PI7#### /REBE5499, and return the part to dealer parts stock. No further action is required on parts with the correct orientation.
- If the orientation is not correct, disassemble the parts and reassemble with the correct orientation, according to procedures in the service manual. After assembly, replace the parts in the original packaging, mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to PI7#### /REBE5499, and return the part to dealer parts stock.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Submit one claim for all cylinder packs reworked and returned to dealer parts stock.
0.5 hours will be allowed for every two cylinder packs requiring rework.
Ex. Two cylinder packs reworked = 0.5 hour claim.
Four cylinder packs reworked = 1.0 hour claim.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling. Blah