3599538 CYLINDER GP Caterpillar parts CYLINDER
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 125 pounds 56 kg.
MARINE GEAR-REAR VIEW
1. Oil pump. 2. Oil hose. 3. Filter assembly. 4. Propeller drive flange. 5. Oil manifold. 6. Forcing screw holes.2. Remove oil pump (1) and filter assembly (3).3. Disconnect oil hose (2) from the control valve and remove oil manifold (5) and the control valve as a unit.4. Install a lifting eye in the tapped hole in the top of the housing. Remove all of the retaining bolts and use two forcing screws in holes (6) to separate the planetary gear section from the main housing. The planetary gear section weighs approximately 1250 lbs. (567 kg).
PLANETARY GEAR SECTION REMOVED
7. Planetary drive sun gear. 8. Bolts, lock and ring.
LOWER SHAFT-VIEWED TOWARD THE REAR
9. Oil tube. 10. Bracket.
DRIVE SHAFT REMOVAL
11. Retainer. 12. Drive shaft.5. Remove the bolts, lock and ring (8) from the drive shaft and remove planetary drive sun gear (7). The gear is not a press fit on the splined shaft. There is a spacer behind the gear.If it is necessary to remove the planetary sun gear drive shaft the complete clutch and top shaft assembly must be removed. See the topic, TOP SHAFT REMOVAL.6. After the top shaft is removed, remove oil tube (9) and bracket (10). The short oil tube may be in either the bracket or the end of drive shaft (12).7. Remove the bolts, lock and retainer (11) from drive shaft (12).8. Remove the drive shaft (12) through the planet section opening in the housing.
DRIVE SHAFT REMOVED
7. Planetary drive sun gear. 12. Drive shaft.Planetary Gear Section Installation
1. Install drive shaft (12) in the lower shaft. Tighten and lock the bolts through retainer (11).2. Insert the short oil tube in the end of drive shaft (12) and install bracket (10) and oil tube (9).3. Install the spacer and sun gear (7) on drive shaft (12) and tighten and lock the bolts through ring (8).4. Thoroughly clean and dry the planetary gear section-to-housing mounting surfaces. Apply 7M7260 Gasket Material on the clean dry surface and install the planetary gear section.5. 7M7260 Gasket Material is used when installing oil manifold (5) and oil pump (1). Make certain the piston ring-type seals, on the oil pump drive end of the top shaft, are not broken when installing the oil manifold. Install filter assembly (3) and connect oil hose (2).6. Install propeller drive flange (4) by aligning the match marks on the two flanges and installing the bolts and nuts.Planetary Gear Section Disassembly
FT866 Backup Plate.FT867 Rods (eight rods included).3S6224 Electric Hydraulic Pump or 9S5800 Pump Group.8B7561 Step Plate.5H9817 Hydraulic Puller.1H3107 Push Puller.1H3108 Legs (two).1P820 Hydraulic Puller.*8B7548 Push Puller.*8B7549 Legs (two). *
Dimensions in inches (mm)
Dimensions in inches (mm)5/8*Use these tools if the tapped holes (5) in carrier assembly (4) are "-18 NF thread.1. Remove the six bolts, lock, washer and gasket from the end of carrier assembly shaft (1) and lift the flange off the shaft.
REMOVING FLANGE2. Remove the retaining bolts from bearing retainer (2) and use two forcing screws to separate it from cover assembly (3).