1695181 ENGINE AR-COMPLETE Caterpillar parts 3406E ENGINE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Compatible equipment models: 1695181:
TRUCK ENGINE 3406E Caterpillar
This is a 1.0-hour job for Group 1
Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
100% 100% 0% 0% 0% 0%
This is a 1.0-hour job for Group 2
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
COPY OF OWNER NOTIFICATION FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN OWNERS
3240 Arrow Drive
Anywhere, YZ 99999
SAFETY - PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE TIMER RELAY
MODELS INVOLVED - 312C, 318C, 319C, 320C EXCAVATORS.
Dear Caterpillar Product Owner:
New timer relay needs to be installed on the products listed below. The erratic operation of the timer relay may prevent the implement levers (pedals and joysticks) from working, possibly causing personal injury or death. You will not be charged for the service performed.
Contact your local Caterpillar dealer immediately to schedule this service. The dealer will advise you of the time required to complete this service.
Please refer the dealer to their Service Letter dated 02Aug2006 when scheduling this service.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause you, but urge you to have this service performed for your added safety and satisfaction.
Attached to 02Aug2006 Service Letter
1. Deactivate the electrical system, turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position.
2. Remove the cover from the control panel.
3. Remove the 2349470 Timer Relay.
4. Drill a 6 mm diameter hole, for the right hand side timer fixation. On the left hand side, keep the M5 welded nut.
Use the 1636703 Timer Relay as a guide for the drilling location.
5. Remove the 2 screws at the top of the panel, and loosen the 2 screws at the bottom of the panel.
6. Mount the 8T0289 bolt with 8T0328 washer and 5C2874 nut. Install bolt and washer behind the panel. Tighten at 12 N.m.
7. Install the 1636703 Timer Relay: use the M5 screw on the left hand side, with 8T0328 washer and 5C2874 nut on the right hand side.
8. Connect the 1636703 Timer Relay.
9. Assemble the front cover, and tighten at 12 N.m.
10. Turn the battery disconnect switch to the ?ON? position.