3599146 HOSE AS Caterpillar parts HOSE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Product smu/age whichever comes first Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
0-12 mo 100.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
13-24 mo 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 100.0%
This is a 0.5-hour job for Group 5
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
Refer to the Service Manual as necessary.
1. Ensure that the generator set has been safely isolated from starting, and that the generator set breaker is in the tripped position.
2. Remove the front panel of the breaker box.
3. Remove the front of the switch cover from the breaker as shown in Image 1.1.1
4. After the front switch cover has been removed undo the four screws as shown in Image 1.2.1.
4. Remove the two screws as shown in Image 1.3.1 and the small electrical plug. Please pay attention to the orientation of the plug and also the wire loop as shown in Image 1.3.2.
5. Remove the old trip unit off the breaker and remove the small rating plate from the front of the breaker as shown below in image 1.4.1.
6. Fit the new trip unit making sure to attach the small wire loop of the electrical plug and then secure with the two screws as shown below in Image 1.5.1. The small rating plate from Image 1.4.1 can also be fitted at this time.
7. Refit the breaker front cover and secure with the four screws as shown in Image 1.6.1.
8. Refit the front switch cover as shown in figure 1.7.1.
9. Check the breaker opens and closes and trips manually. Then set the dip switches for the trip and overload settings. Refit the breaker box front cover to protect from electric shock.
10. Re-connect the generator set batteries and test the generator operates normally and that the breaker operates correctly.