3599148 HOSE AS Caterpillar parts HOSE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Part Number Description
1 5P3413 SEALANT-PIPE (as required)
In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 23% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
1. Turn the fuel supply to the "OFF" position.
2. Drain the fuel from the 239-2340 duplex fuel filter base. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers.
3. Remove the 3J-5390 PLUG-NFTF and the 8C-6869 Connector from the base. Reference Image1 and Image2 for location of fittings.
4. Clean and dry the fittings, then apply 5P-3413 Pipe Sealant to the threads of both fittings.
Reference PEGJ0075 if 5P-3413 Pipe Sealant is not available in your region.
5. Install the 3J-5390 and 8C-6869 Fittings. Tighten both fittings to a torque of 35 +4/-0 N-m.
6. Turn the fuel supply back on.
U.S. and Canadian owners will receive the attached Owner Notification.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
100% 100% 0% 0% 0% 0%
This is a 1.0-hour job
Reasonable travel and mileage is authorized. Travel will only be authorized for one engine when mutliple engines are reworked in a vessel. Please reference the other engine serial numbers in the claim story.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
COPY OF OWNER NOTIFICATION FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN OWNERS
3240 Arrow Drive
Anywhere, YZ 99999
PRIORITY - PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR REWORKING FITTINGS ON CERTAIN ENGINES EQUIPPED WITH DUPLEX FUEL FILTERS
MODELS INVOLVED - C18 Marine Engines
Dear Caterpillar Product Owner:
Certain fittings used in the duplex fuel filter base need to be reworked on the products listed below. The existing fittings can leak. You will not be charged for the service performed.
Contact your local Caterpillar dealer immediately to schedule this service. The dealer will advise you of the time required to complete this service.
Please refer the dealer to their Service Letter dated 23Sep2010 when scheduling this service.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause you, but urge you to have this service performed as soon as possible to prevent unscheduled downtime.
Attached to 23Sep2010 Service Letter