4416019 HOUSING Caterpillar parts SAT318T, SAT322
Add in request price Go to cart
Alternative (cross code) number:
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN JUNE 19, 2002
Caterpillar Products - All
Component Code: 7606SUBJECT: Product Link Modules Are Not Reporting Events or Fuel Consumption
PL-201 Product Link Modules (209-6417-02 Communication Electronic Control Modules (Product Link)) are not accurately reporting Fuel codes or Event/Diagnostic codes that are received from Caterpillar Data Link. It has been determined that the software within the 209-6417-02 Product Link Module is causing this problem. This problem affects only engineering change -02 on the 209-6417 module.
PL-151 Product Link Modules (209-6416-02 Communication Electronic Control Modules (Product Link)) are functioning properly. However, the PL-151 Product Link Modules must be flashed with the "224-6310.fls" Software before an Over-The-Air upgrade to the PL-201 is accomplished.
Note: The Product Link Module?s part number and engineering change are printed on a sticker that is located on the outside of the Product Link Module. For a PL-201, the part number/engineering change will appear on the sticker as 209-6417-02. For a PL-151, the part number/engineering change will appear on the sticker as 209-6416-02. The part number/engineering change can also be seen by selecting the Product Link ECM in WinFlash.
In order to correct this problem, a software flash file has been created (224-6310.fls). To replace the software in the Product Link Module with flash file "224-6310.fls", perform the following procedure:
1. Turn Off the engine.
2. Connect to the machine with a Caterpillar Comm Adapter. Turn On the keyswitch.
3. Start Caterpillar ET software. Select "Product Link ECM".
4. View the machine Configuration screen. Be sure to write down the values that are listed on the machine Configuration screen. The values that are listed on the machine Configuration screen will be cleared. You may also choose to use ECM Replacement to capture the configuration parameters.
Note: If ECM Replacement is used, after a successful flash you must manually enter the machine serial number and dealer ID information through ET Configuration. The machine serial number and dealer ID information must be manually entered even if they already appear correct in ET.
Note: ECM Replacement does not save the "Report Start Time" parameter.
5. Start the WinFlash software in ET. Select "Product Link ECM".
6. Locate and select the flash file "224-6310.fls". Click the "Begin Flash" button to flash the ECM. When finished, return to ET.
7. From ET, select "Product Link ECM". View the Machine Configuration Screen.
8. From the Machine Configuration Screen, perform one of the following actions:
Enter the values that were written down in Step 4
Use ECM Replacement to load the configuration parameters from the file that was created in Step 4
Enter new values
Note: The machine serial number and dealer ID must be manually updated after ECM Replacement (even if they already appear correct in ET). If the machine serial number and dealer ID are not manually updated, the unit will not register in the Product Link system correctly.
9. Queue up a registration message by selecting Settings>PLM Commands>Registration. Check for this message in the Out queue (Status Screen 1).
10. Disconnect ET software and the Comm Adapter. Turn off the machine keyswitch.
11. Permanently mark the module with the new software
Caterpillar parts catalog:
Caterpillar parts catalog
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72040130
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72050108
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72180080
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72190092
- 457-0535: PIN GP-GRAPPLE » SEBP72210050
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72220096
- 441-5987: ROLLER GP-FEED » SEBP72230079
- 460-8518: PIN GP-GRAPPLE » SEBP72300075
- 460-8518: PIN GP-GRAPPLE » SEBP72310068