3599498 MOTOR GP (SAW) Caterpillar parts MOTOR
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 22 pounds 10 kg.
Replace the existing air lines group with the new cast design. Refer to the attached Rework Procedure.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Product smu/age whichever comes first Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
0-36 mo 100.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
This is a 1.0-hour job
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
1. Remove V-Band-Clamps from Bellows Assembly. Do not reuse the clamps.
2. Remove bolts from Air Inlet Tubes that connect it to the Air-Inlet Cover. Do not reuse the hardware.
3. Remove bolts from Air Inlet Bracket assembly. Do not reuse the hardware.
4. Remove Air Inlet tubes.
5. Remove Air Inlet Tube Bracket.
6. Remove Bellows Assembly.
1. Install plug (1) into Air Inlet Elbows (3).
2. Assemble O-Ring 6V-5103 to Air Inlet Tube LH (5) and Air Inlet Tube RH (6).
3. Lubricate the bore for the O-Rings and Air Inlet Tube LH (5) and Air Inlet Tube RH (6) with with P-80 Rubber Lubricant.
4. Attach (5) and (6) Air Inlet Tubes to Elbow (3) using Strap (2) hand-tightening with 0S-1594 bolts and 9X-6458 Washers.
5.Connect Bellows Assembly (4) to turbo, and hand tighten with V-Band Clamps (9).
Ensure Bellows are installed for proper flow direction as indicated on bellows by arrow.
Apply Never-Seez Marine Grade (also called "Mariner's Choice") to the threads, bearing surfaces, and inside diameter of clamps before assembly.
6. Install 109-7411 O-Rings into both Air Inlet Elbows (3).
7. Assemble Bracket LH (8) to Air Inlet Tube LH (5) hand-tightening with 0S-1594 Bolts and 9X-6458 Washers, and 9S-8752 Nut.
8. Assemble Bracket LH (8) to engine hand tightening with 0S-1594 Bolts and 9X-6458 Washers.
9. Assemble Bracket RH (7) to Air Inlet Tube RH (6) hand-tightening 0S-1594 Bolts, 9X-6458 Washers, and 9S-8752 Nut.
10. Assemble Bracket RH (7) to engine hand tightening with 0S-1594 Bolts and 9X-6458 Washers.
11. Assemble both Air Inlet Elbows (3) to Air Inlet Cover, and hand tighten using 0S-1588 Bolts and 5M-2894 Washers.
12. Connect Air Inlet tubes to Turbo using Bellows Assembly (4), and fasten with V-Band Clamps (9) to 7.5 +/- 1 NM.
13. Secure all bolts and nuts for Inlet Elbows (3), Straps (2), and brackets.
14. Install new heat shields to both air tubes.