3599134 PLATE AS Caterpillar parts PLATE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Group Number 2
Group 2 (delivered / in service):
Note: Be prepared to catch fuel in a suitable container during disassembly. Properly dispose of the fuel when rework procedure is completed.
1) Remove the 1R-0755 Fuel Filter from the engine and allow to drain in suitable container.
- Properly dispose of the filter.
2) Mark all fuel lines and sensor locations before removing from the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base, this will assure they are properly located during reassembly to the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base.
3) Remove all fuel lines from the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base including the fuel supply line from the vessel that is connected to the 6V-8981 Adapter Elbow. (See Image 2.1.1)
4) Remove all fittings, sensors and priming pump from the old 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base.
5) Remove the 6V-8981 Adapter Elbow from the 338-1501 Mounting Bracket. (See Image 2.1.1)
6) While properly supporting the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base Assembly, remove the 2 mounting bolts that secure the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base to the 338-1501 Mounting Bracket. (See Image 2.1.1)
7) Remove the 4 mounting bolts that secure the 338-1501 Mounting Bracket to the engine.
8) Install the new 354-3496 Mounting Bracket on the engine securing with the 4 mounting bolts and properly tighten to a torque of 47 +/- 9 Nm. (See Image 2.1.1)
9) Install the 6N-1127 Shield onto the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base before installing the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base on the engine. (See Image 2.1.2)
- Using a flat punch and hammer, drive the two 7F-9090 Drive Screws into the 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base securing the shield. (See Image 2.1.2)
- Make sure that the screws are completely bottomed out to keep from interfering with the top of the fuel filter when installed. (See Image 2.1.2)
10) Install the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base and shield onto the new 354-3496 Mounting Bracket.
- Properly tighten the 2 mounting bolts to a torque of 47 +/- 9 Nm. (See Image 2.1.1)
11) Install new o-ring seals on all fittings and sensors.
12) Install the 194-6725 Fuel Pressure Sensor, 246-4297 Fuel Temperature Sensor, and 281-2725 Valve Group into the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base.
Attention: A special torque specification is required for these components, refer to Image 2.1.3 for the proper torque values.
13) Install all fittings into proper location on the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base. Reference SENR3130 for proper torque specifications for all of the fittings.
14) Install all hose assemblies in the proper location. Reference SENR3130 for proper torque specifications for the hose assembly fittings.
15) Install the fuel-hand priming pump with a new gasket. Reference SENR3130 for the proper torque specifications for the mounting bolts.
16) Install a new 1R-0755 Fuel Filter and properly tighten as outlined on the filter housing.
17) Paint the new 237-9313 Fuel Filter Base, new 354-3496 Mounting Bracket and new 1R-0755 Fuel Filter.
- Touch up all painted surfaces that may have been damaged during this procedure.
18) Prime the fuel system while checking for fuel leaks before starting the engine.
- Start the engine and re-check for leaks (repair as necessary).