3599126 SFWR GP-A4002 Caterpillar parts SFWR
Alternative (cross code) number:
Parts stock action only
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR INSPECTING AND POSSIBLY RETIGHTENING THE DRIVE GEAR ON CERTAIN 0R3233, 0R3860, AND 0R9250 ENGINE OIL SCAVENGE PUMPS IN DEALER PARTS STOCK FOR INSTALLATION IN VARIOUS 3508, 3512, AND 3516 ENGINES
When submitting claim for Parts Stock Action, Use the appropriate 99Z as the s/n, the appropriate Service Letter Program Number as the Part number in the Part Causing Failure field, "7751" as the Group Number, "56" as the Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program.Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your Caterpillar product analyst.
The existing 0R3233, 0R3860, and 0R9250 Oil Scavenge Pumps manufactured in China, can fail due to loose drive gears. If a pump with a loose gear is installed into an engine, low oil pressure events will trigger Level 3 Alarms requiring immediate machine shut-downs for repairs.
Inspect all 0R3233, 0R3860, and 0R9250 Oil Scavenge Pumps in dealer parts stock for package labels indicating the pump was manufactured in China (Image1).
- If the packaging DOES NOT indicate China, no further action is required. Mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to this program (PI7#### / REBE6127), and return part to dealer parts stock.
- If the packaging DOES indicate China, verify the torque on the 161-2513 or 183-9380 Drive Gear to the 176-3225 or 176-3227 Input Shaft using one of the following two methods.
Method 1 - Pressing and Tightening:
1. Tighten the bolt to a torque of 100 +/- 20 Nm.
2. Apply 8680 +/- 222 N force to gear.
3. Re-tighten bolt to 100 +/- 20 Nm.
4. Continue Press and Torque process until bolt torque does not change.
Method 2 - Tapping and Torquing
1. Tighten bolt to a torque of 100 +/- 20 Nm.
2. Tap on gear to seat gear on taper shaft.
3. Re-tighten bolt to a torque of 100 +/- 20 Nm.
4. Continue Tap and Tighten process until bolt torque does not change.
After verifying the torque, return the pump to its original package, mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to this program (PI7#### / REBE6127), and return part to dealer parts stock.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
0.5 hours labor will be allowed for each pump that requires retightening based on inspection results.
Submit one claim for all parts reworked in dealer parts stock.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.