3598983 SOFTWARE GP- Caterpillar parts SOFTWARE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Parts stock action only
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM TO INSPECT AND POSSIBLY REMOVE 10R-4089 ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES (ECM) FROM DEALER PARTS STOCK
When submitting claim for Parts Stock Action, Use the appropriate 99Z as the s/n, the appropriate Service Letter Program Number as the Part number in the Part Causing Failure field, "7751" as the Group Number, "56" as the Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program.Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your Caterpillar product analyst.
The process used to program certain 10R4089 Electronic Control Modules did not properly clear the memory and resulted in a 65280 interlock code that cannot be changed with a password.
1. Inspect the box label on 10R4089 Electronic Control Modules in dealer parts stock. Refer to Image1 for details on how to read the date code on the box label.
If the box label is not available, proceed to Step 2.
- If the date code is earlier than 01 December, 2008, and the ECM is engraved with the 10R4089 part number, remove the part from dealer parts stock.
Verify the 10R4089 Reman part number is engraved on the ECM. Sometimes new, non remanufactured Electronic Control Modules are delivered in a Reman package if a Reman unit is not available at that time.
- If the date code is 01 December, 2008 or later, return the part to dealer parts stock.
- If the part number engraved on the ECM is a part number for the new control group and not the reman part number, return the ECM to dealer parts stock.
2. If box label is not available, inspect the serial number (XXXYL---CB) engraved on the ECM. The "XXXY" in the serial number represents the day of the year and the year. Ex. 0127 represents: day 12, 2007.
Refer to Image2 for details on how to read the component Serial Number date code.
- If the 4th digit in the ECM serial number is 7, or if the fourth digit is 8 and the first three digits are less than 335, remove the ECM from dealer parts stock. Example: XXX7, or 0018 - 3358 (day 1, 2007 - day 335, 2008), remove from dealer stock.
- If the fourth digit in the ECM serial number is 8 and the first three digits are 336 or higher, return the ECM to dealer parts stock.
All parts that are inspected and returned to dealer parts stocked should be marked on the package to indicate that they have been inspected according to PI7#### / REBE5221.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Submit one claim for all parts removed from dealer parts stock.
Any parts removed from parts stock should be returned on your next core shipment to local core inspection facility. Please ignore the normal 15 day holding period requirement. Package these parts separately from normal cores on shipment and label each case with PI7XXXX. All parts returned must have a Core Credit Request (CCR) entered into CMIS2 to