3598985 SOFTWARE GP- Caterpillar parts SOFTWARE
Alternative (cross code) number:
This part in 2 request: Show. This information for suppliers only!
Part Number Description
2 1R1808 FILTER AS.-LUBE
2 2487518 OIL
In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 40% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
1. Remove the two oil filters and drain into a suitable container.
2. Use a 175-7546 or 4C-5084 Filter Cutter group to cut open the oil filters.
3. Remove the pleated media from the filter canister and remove the fiber banding from the pleats of the filter media.
4. Separate multiple pleats and inspect for metallic debris.
- If no debris is noted in either of the oil filters, replace the oil filters with new filters. Do not pre-fill the oil filters. Lubricate the seal and install the filters while empty. Follow installation-tightening instructions printed on the oil filter. Be sure to top off the engine oil with specified Cat DEO to proper level and put engine back into service.
- If metallic debris is found, contact your Caterpillar Dealership Technical Communicator and Submit this information to the DSN in order to obtain the information that is necessary to complete any repairs. You must reference this Service Letter number in the DSN Service Request. High resolution digital photographs of any debris found must be attached to the DSN Service Request.
A very small amount of metallic flakes, paint chips, and possibly some casting sand is normal in a break in oil filter. If there is any doubt about what is found please contact your Caterpillar Technical Communicator with details for further assistance.
U.S. and Canadian owners will receive the attached Owner Notification.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
100% 100% 0% 0% 0% 0%
This is a 1.5-hour job
Labor will be allowed as follows:
1. 1.5 man-hours per engine to remove 2 ea. Oil filters, drain oil from filters into suitable container, cut open filters and inspect for metallic debris, then replace with new filters.
2. Reasonable travel will be paid if engine is at shipyard or in a customer vessel. Only one trip will be paid if visiting a twin-engine application.
Include sister engine serial number in claims story on multiple engine vessels.
Only the parts listed in this program are allowed. All other parts required will be for the customer?s account. This program covers the cost of inspecting and replacing the engine oil filters only.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
COPY OF OWNER NOTIFICATION FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN OWNERS
3240 Arrow Drive
Anywhere, YZ 99999
PRIORITY - PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM TO INSPECT AND REPLACE THE OIL FILTERS ON CERTAIN MARINE C32 ACERT ENGINES
MODELS INVOLVED - C32 ACERT Marine Engines
Dear Caterpillar Product Owner:
The engine oil filters need to be inspected on the products listed below. The existing 1R1808 Oil Filters may contain metallic debris. You will not be charged for the service performed.
Contact your local Caterpillar dealer immediately to schedule this