3599336 SPACER-FAN Caterpillar parts SPACER
Alternative (cross code) number:
8. Assemble the 389-8626 Plate to the main detector bracket using 7E-9324 Spring Mount. Install 335-8746 Detector, 144-0526 Regulator and 267-5286 Air filter Assembly. Connect the air filter outlet to regulator inlet using 399-0331 Hose. Connect the regulator outlet to detector air inlet using 390-9164 Hose. The detector head should be replaced with 425-9220 Detector Head. Note: Tighten to 28 +/- 7 N.m.
Note: The directional arrow on the air filter should point towards the rear of engine.
9. Install 388-0329 Rear manifold assembly, using 419-7167 and 419-7166 Brackets.
Install 388-0330 Front Manifold assembly, using 418-6624 and 418-6625 Brackets. The manifold assemblies are held up with 8T-1889 and 8T-1890 2-Piece Clip and 1A-2029 Bolt and 5M-2894 Washer. Be sure to use 5G-3676 grommet between the 2-piece clips.
10. Re-install hoses per layout shown in picture below. It is important to connect identified hoses to the OMD side covers and identified ports on the manifolds for proper functioning of the system. Connect the CCV Line Adapter to the port on cylinder number 3. Use 360-3692 Plug to seal unused ports on manifold.
11. Connect the 191-6502, 8I-3633, 2T-2170, 6V-8724, 6V-8730 Adapters, 0S-1618, 6V3918 Bolts, 117-3245, 418-5550, 390-9158, 390-9163, 416-1893, 389-8631, 197-4640, 389-8633, 390-9160, 390-9161, 419-6694 Hose Assembly and 389-8631, 396-9876 and 389-8632 Tube assemblies to the OMD cover on cylinder number 1, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 15
Note: Verify the fittings are turned in such way that hose are not stressed
12. Install the OMD exhaust line using 419-6694 Hose assembly, 419-5110 Plate, 8N-9993 Cover and 6V-3527 Adapter.
13. Connect a U-tube manometer at inspection cover.
14. Switch on the compressed air supply with inlet pressure in a range from 2 to 15 bar. Before connecting the OMD the first time check the pressure.
15. If the negative suction pressure is already adjusted to 60 mm WC within a tolerance of +/-5 mm remove the U-tube manometer and finish the procedure. Otherwise loosen counter-nut. Turn setscrew until the negative pressure is only 60 mm WC.
Note: You could use a magnehelic gauge.
16. Calibrate the OMD head. Refer to RENR2225, Testing and Adjusting, "Commissioning Procedure" for oil mist detectors.