3598883 TUBE AS Caterpillar parts TUBE
Alternative (cross code) number:
A visual inspection of all Cup plugs installed in the 151-5913 Exhaust Manifold must be performed as follows:
1. The cup plugs must be installed so that the top edge of the Cup plug is recessed just below the chamfer of the bore. Refer to Image1.
2. The Cup plugs must be installed straight and not cocked in the bore.
3. Any Cup plugs that do not meet the installation criteria must be removed and replaced as outlined in the rework procedure.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Product smu/age whichever comes first Caterpillar Dealer Suggested Customer Suggested
Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs% Parts % Labor Hrs%
0-24 mo 100.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
This is a 5.0-hour job
Reasonable travel and mileage is covered. Please be sure to note the sister engine serial number that is installed in the vessel on the claim story as only one trip will be covered for a pair of engines in a vessel.
- $200 per vessel for travel
Service Claim hours to be allowed as follows:
- 2 Hours to drain coolant, and remove turbo and exhaust manifold.
- 1 hour to replace all 8 Cup plugs.
- 2 Hours to reinstall exhaust manifold, turbo, and to refill coolant.
For any questions regarding obtaining service, warranty claim submittal, or program eligibility please contact:
Caterpillar Defense and Federal Products
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.
Refer to appropriate Service Manual as necessary.
1. Drain the coolant from the engine.
2. Remove oil, air, and coolant lines from the turbo.
3. Remove exhaust riser piping from turbo outlet. Refer to Image 1.1.1
4. Remove the four retaining nuts from turbo mounting studs then remove the turbo from the exhaust manifold.
5. Remove the bolts from the exhaust manifold and remove the exhaust manifold from the engine.
6. Remove the Cup plugs from exhaust manifold that do not meet the installation requirements.
7. Thoroughly clean the Cup plug bores in the manifold that are being serviced with scotch bright pad or equivalent.
8. Order the required parts from provided list.
9. Using the 1P-0500 tooling group (or equivalent) choose the proper size tool to fit the Cup plug being serviced.
10. Wipe down the bore in the manifold and the Cup plug with brake cleaner or component cleaner to remove any oils or contaminants.
11. Install the proper Cup plugs (as required) by first lightly coating the bore in the manifold and the edges of the Cup plug with 6V-6640 anaerobic sealant and then drive the Cup plug into the bore straight and to the proper depth as shown in the Cup plug installation drawing (refer to Image1.1.1).
12. Repeat this procedure as necessary to correct all Cup plugs in the 151-5913 exhaust manifold that do not meet the installation requirements.
13. Clean all mating surfaces.
14. Reinstall the exhaust manifold to the cylinder head using new bolts and washers as follows.
a. Apply 4C-5599 Anti-Seize Compound to the threads of bolts 1-12.
b. Tighten bolts 1-12 in a numerical sequence (refer to Image 1.2.1) to a torque value of 4 +/- 1 N.m (35 +/-