3599157 TUBE AS. Caterpillar parts TUBE
Alternative (cross code) number:
Weight: 0.37 pounds 0 kg.
Parts stock action only
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR INSPECTING AND POSSIBLY REMOVING 0R3023 REMAN CAMSHAFT KITS FROM DEALER PARTS STOCK
1210 7750 PI70367
When submitting claim for Parts Stock Action, Use the appropriate 99Z as the s/n, the appropriate Service Letter Program Number as the Part number in the Part Causing Failure field, "7751" as the Group Number, "56" as the Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program.Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your Caterpillar product analyst.
Certain 0R3023 camshaft kits were packaged with the incorrect camshaft. The 7E-9980 Camshaft is the correct camshaft for the 0R3023 Camshaft Kit. Failure to replace this camshaft will result in an engine failure.
Inspect all 0R3023 Camshaft Kits in dealer parts stock.
1. Inspect the package date code label on the outside of the box of the 0R3023 camshaft kit. (Image1) The first nine characters of the date code indicate the Day, Month, and Year. Determine if the date code falls in the range of D28M07Y10 through D31M08Y10 (28 July 2010 thru 31 August 2010).
- If the date code on the package IS NOT in the date code range of D28M07Y10 through D31M08Y10, mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to this program (PI7#### / REBE6643), and return the part to dealer parts stock. No further action is required.
- If the date code on the package IS in the date code range of D28M07Y10 through D31M08Y10, proceed to Step 2.
2. Inspect the camshaft in the kit to verify it is a 7E-9980 Camshaft.
- If the camshaft in the kit IS NOT a 7E-9980 Camshaft, remove the camshaft kit from dealer parts stock.
- If the camshaft in the kit IS a 7E-9980 Camshaft, return the camshaft to the original packaging, mark the package to indicate it has been inspected according to this program (PI7#### / REBE6643), and return the part to dealer parts stock. No further action is required.
. If not, return the kit under the Send It Back request, using this Service Letter number in the SIMS entry as the Part Causing Failure.
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
Submit one claim for all parts removed from dealer parts stock.
A Send It Back Part Return Request will be created when submitting a claim using this Program (PI7####) as the Part Causing Failure.
Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.